Could the secret to heightened engagement and increasing bottom line results begin with the quality of your conversations as a leader?
As a leader just how effective are you at engaging others and modeling what is known to be the least developed leadership skill, coaching?
As a leader you direct, you problem solve, you delegate, and you develop others. The last of these, developing others, separates a good leader from a great leader. It is the least modeled in the workplace and as such, requires those who want to be extra-ordinary leaders to learn how to be effective coaches.
Telling others what to do is easy compared to engaging them in a process where they are in control and are thinking through solutions to their own challenges. When this happens they are then capitalizing on their own wisdom and experience while you serve as a catalyst and thinking partner. This is not easy for many of us who learned that leaders need to have all the answers. Coaching for Engagement will support you to learn the skills needed to ultimately excel as a leader recognized for supporting others to grow as leaders.
What is Coaching for Engagement?
An organization is the sum of its conversations. Coaching for Engagement is an integrated three month learning experience designed to help you release your team members’ individual and collective aspirations and link them to business goals. It provides proven methods and skills to engage colleagues to perform at the highest level, while eliminating self-destructive or toxic behaviors within your organization.
Unlike the traditional approach to learning, Coaching for Engagement reinforces concepts and strategies by providing each participant with learning integration coaching. This ensures the concepts and skills you’ve learned are actively implemented in your organization. The impact on your bottom line as a result can be dramatic.
Who should participate?
This program is for busy leaders who are looking for more effective ways to get work done through their people. It’s for managers who want to improve their direct reports’ performance and ability to generate business results. It’s for people who want to help individuals stay engaged, focused and productive. It’s for leaders who want an easier way to achieve results, and make their job easier at the same time.
Coaching for Engagement provides a proven trail map that combines the essential mindset, skills, and process to ensure you reap these benefits.
What participants learn:
- Why coaching conversations are essential skills for today’s leaders;
- How coaching conversations are connected to bottom-line results;
- How to know when to have a coaching conversation (and when not to);
- How to design an alliance that forms the basis for a coaching conversation;
- How to provide timely, responsive, and enthusiastic feedback;
- The essential keys to increase and sustain heightened engagement;
- The role of trust and transformation in coaching conversations;
- The vital link between coaching conversations and performance management;
- Five guidelines for developing listening skills;
- What to do if an employee resists a coaching conversation;
- How to identify your top 10 trust builders and top 10 trust busters.
Beyond classroom training
Organizations collectively spend millions of dollars annually on leadership education that does not have a significant impact on the organization. Simply reading a book, or attending a training course often results in short term excitement about ideas, but often fails to achieve the learning objectives.
We designed Coaching for Engagement to ensure the benefits of the learning experience last and have a sustained impact in your organization.
Our learning integration coaching approach includes:
- Creating participatory learning experiences that respect each individual’s capabilities and potential.
- Reinforcing skills with follow-up coaching to maximize the lasting benefit for participants and their organization .
- Focusing on your bottom line – generating impressive returns on your investment in learning.
- Creation of a solid network of peers and role models to support leaders as they grow and advance within their organization.
- Practice using effective peer coaching skills that can be applied in other working relationships.
Please contact us to discuss how your organization could benefit from a Coaching for Engagement program.