Bob has worked in a Management Consulting role for over 25 years. He has worked with over 35 major organizations and hundreds of leaders to help them address their management, leadership and organizational challenges. Bob has specialized in areas of training and development, recruitment and selection, culture, change management, team building, interpersonal skills, conflict management, performance management, strength based approaches, union and management relations and process review. The focus in all cases has been to improve efficiency, effectiveness and engagement.
Bob has also been a partner and owner in his own successful business for over 13 years.
Association of Management Consultants (ACME) defines “management consulting as a service provider for a fee by objective outsiders who help executives improve the management, operations and economic performance of institution.”
Simply defined as “someone whose job is to give advice to companies about the best way of managing and improving their business.” (Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary)
According to the CMC (Certified Management Consultant) competency framework, management consulting covers these key areas:
- Helping clients assess their business situation, challenges and opportunities
- Assisting to develop strategies for improvement
- Supporting clients to implement a recommendation(s)
- Conducting a consulting assignment
- Establishing interpersonal and personal competencies
- Demonstrating ethical behaviour and functional competence
- Building management breadth